With this golden stitch braided hairstyle, two braids merge to become one stunning, shimmering ponytail — a look you can wear to any event. The wavy ends and touch of gold will have you feeling and looking absolutely regal.
1. Part your hair directly down the center. Create a vertical part from your hairline to the nape of your neck using the tip of your nose as a guide.
2. Apply styling gel. Using a rattail comb, apply a generous amount of gel to your hair, starting with the section on the right.
3. Add in extensions as you braid for more length. Start the braid with your natural hair, and weave in extensions for added length and volume.
4. Secure the braid. End the braid using two black elastic bands, leaving four inches of your hair (or as much as you’d like) loose at the bottom.
5. Style baby hair. Apply styling gel to the hairline, and create desired curls with your baby hair.
6. Repeat steps two through five on the left section.
7. Weave in gold cording. Using a crochet needle, weave gold cording into each braid, creating a criss-cross pattern between the two braids.
8. Combine the cording from each side. Bring together the ends of both braids, and continue criss-crossing the cording above and behind the braids until there’s only two or three inches of braid left to cover.
9. Wrap and secure the gold cording at the ends. In a circular motion, tightly wrap the cording around the bottom few inches of the braids until you get to the loose ends. Secure it by tying a knot behind the braid, and cut off any excess ends.